Credit Card Payment FAQ
Can I pay Tuition and other Business Services account charges by credit card?
- Yes. Credit card payments are only accepted online. OSU - OKC does not accept credit card payments by mail, in person, over the phone, email, or via fax for Business Services account payments. Credit card payments are not processed by OSU - OKC. A secure third-party payment service provider, TouchNet® PayPath, processes online credit card payments for tuition and other Business Services account charges on behalf of OSU - OKC.
What credit cards can I use to pay Business Services account charges?
- You may make Business Services account payments with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards. Additionally, other cards accepted are Diners Club, JCB, BC Card, and DinaCard.
Is there a fee for using a credit or debit card for Business Services account payments?
- Card users are assessed a separate, non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% of the payment amount ($3 minimum fee)—at the time of each credit or debit card payment for student account charges. The non-refundable convenience fee is assessed by our third-party processor, TouchNet® PayPath, not OSU - OKC, and will be included with your total payment amount on your credit card statement. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.
Why is a convenience fee added for credit card payments?
- Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City is dedicated to providing customers with as many options as possible in making payments on student accounts. Unfortunately, the cost of processing credit and debit cards keeps increasing due to the fees charged by credit card companies and the cost associated with securing cardholder data. Unfortunately, OSU – OKC cannot absorb these costs. In order to address a $1.5 million annual drain on its budget, Oklahoma State University made changes January 2009 in the way credit card payments were accepted for Business Services accounts by passing the cost of the credit card convenience fee along to those using the service. The convenience fee charged by our third party processor, TouchNet® PayPath, covers the cost of processing credit and debit card payments. OSU - OKC does not receive any part of the convenience fee.
Why can’t I see the convenience fee charge on my Business Services account?
- The convenience fee is assessed by our third-party processor, TouchNet® PayPath, not OSU - OKC, so it will not appear on your Business Services account. Two separate transactions appear on your credit card statement. One transaction for the student account payment and one transaction for the convenience fee.
Do other universities charge convenience fees for credit card payments?
- Yes. Many other private and public universities have been charging credit card convenience fees for quite some time.
Is the convenience fee refundable?
- The 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) convenience fee is non-refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back. Any convenience fee disputes must be taken directly to your credit card company.
What if I make a credit card payment for more than I owe on my Business Services account?
- OSU - OKC is required to refund any overpayments made by a credit card back to the credit card company. The convenience fee will not be refunded for the portion overpaid.
How can I pay my student account and avoid the convenience fee?
- E-Check payments from checking and savings accounts will continue to be accepted online without a convenience fee via Student Self-Service.
- Mail checks, cashier checks or money orders to:
Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City
Office of Business Services
900 N. Portland Ave., AD 228
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- In person by check, money order, or cash at the Office of the Business Services, 228 Administrative Building. Hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday. After-hour payments can be placed in the secure depository slot adjacent to the Business Services Office windows.