Service learning combines community service with classroom instruction, focusing on critical, reflective thinking as well as personal and civic responsibility. Service learning programs involve students in activities that address local needs while developing their academic skills and commitment to their community.
How Service Learning works
- Go to the Service Learning Required Forms page.
- Application and liability form should be completed and turned in week four.
- Complete project and timesheet.
- Turn in timesheet, evaluation form, photo release if photos are taken, and reflection paper week 14.
- All documentation goes through the instructor first for approval before turning into the Service Learning Coordinator.
Services Learning Fairs
Community partners attend this event to provide information of opportunities available to the students and assist the students with signing up for events. These are held every fall and spring semester in the Student Center.
Service Learning across the Nation
More than 4 million college students across the nation participate in Service Learning. This number increases every year because more students are finding that Service Learning enhances their career and way of life.
Tracy Edwards, MS, RN, CNE
Associate VP, Academic Affairs
(405) 945-3376 Office