Project SOAR's Mission
- Project SOAR (Students Overcoming Academic Roadblocks) is a Student Support Services, federally-funded TRIO program designed to promote educational access for underrepresented students.
- The main emphasis of the program is to provide a supportive environment where OSU-Oklahoma City students can come for assistance in meeting their unique academic, personal, career, and social needs.
- The program’s mission is to help each student succeed in their classes and graduate.
You must be enrolled as an OSU-Oklahoma City student and in need of academic support. In addition, you must be classified as one of the following:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree)
- Financially disadvantaged
- Academic advisement
- Career counseling
- Personal counseling
- Extensive tutorial assistance
- Financial aid information
- Cultural events
- Field trips
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- Orientation to campus activities
- Workshops on:
- Stress management
- Note taking
- Career options
- Test anxiety
- Parenting skills
Project SOAR's Commitment
We will work with you to determine your needs, evaluate your unique circumstances, and then implement the best available strategies to meet your overall college needs in order to guide you toward the academic success you deserve.
Give us an opportunity to help!
How to Receive Services
Appointments and further information can be obtained by calling: 405-945-8627, visiting our office located in the Student Center room 240, or filling out our Preliminary Application.
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - 5:30 pm Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Friday