Student Counseling and Support Resources
Call SAM (Student Assistance by Mercy)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Free and confidential.
OSU-OKC has partnered with Call SAM (Student Assistance by Mercy) to provide support to our students.
They can help with:
- Talking through stress, anxiety, and depression
- Mental Health and Medical Care resources
- Substance Abuse resources
- Food/housing resources
One number, lots of help. Call SAM is here for you!
If you have questions about Call SAM, please contact Emily Cheng, Director of Disability Services and Diversity at OSU-OKC, (405) 945-3385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAO Self Help: Therapy Assistance Online is an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointment or obstacle in your life. As you watch the videos and engage with interactive components, you’ll gain the knowledge, self-awareness, and skills you need to achieve your goals. TAO is free and available to anyone with an OSU working email (@okstate.edu).
Additional Support Resources
- In an emergency, always dial 911
- OSU-OKC Safety and Security, 405-945-3253 or 405-945-9111 (emergency/after hours number)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 24/7 support, Chat or phone: 1-800-273-8255
- CRISIS TEXT LINE through the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (Free Service): TEXT 741741
- Oklahoma Mental Health and Substance Abuse Crisis Line: 1-800-566-1343
- IMAlive, offers instant support with a Chat Now button
- Military OneSource Talkline (service members, veterans, and families), 1-800-342-9647
- Mental Health Resources for Black, Indigenous, People of Color and LGBTQ+ Communities
- Oklahoma Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline, 405-917-9922
- Oklahoma Heartline, offers referrals to many community support agencies, dial 2-1-1
- Oklahoma County Sexual Assault Hotline, 405-943-7273
- Oklahoma Reach-Out Substance Abuse and Mental Health Hotline, 1-800-522-9054