Updated July 20, 2020
OSU-Oklahoma City will soon reopen campus as we near the beginning of the fall 2020 semester. Stay tuned for an official reopening date announced by University Leaders. During this time of closure, we like to spotlight some self-service options available to you. Financial aid applicants can use the following self-service functions to stay abreast of your financial aid application progress:
- Check your OKSTATE email. This is the email that we communicate with you concerning your aid application, missing documents or enrollment problems.
- Check the status of your application by logging on to the student portal. If you need help visit, https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/statuscheck
- Submit requested documentation via the secure file upload process. For instructions on how to securely upload your documents to Financial Aid, visit: https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/Secure-File-Upload. Email delivery of forms is not accepted. As a last resort, you can fax your documentation to (405) 945-3319. When uploading documents, do not use digital signatures. Ensure that your signature and/or your parent’s signature, if dependent, are original signatures.
- Email or call us directly. Contact information can be found at https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/contacts. Please know that call volumes at the start of the term are high; therefore, when calling, please leave a detailed voicemail that includes your name, ID number, and the reason for your call as we may be on another call. Our goal is to return your call within 48 hours.
Please know that once campus reopens we will take necessary steps to provide a safe environment for students and staff. Social distancing and masks will be required. One will be provided if needed. Hand sanitizer stations will be available in various locations of the Student Center for your use and we strongly encourage its use before entering an office suite. Review this short video to learn more about what you can do to protect yourself.
Unfortunately, due to the size of our office, we will limit the number of guests to one person per application inquiry. Should you need to have another person visit with you, we encourage you to schedule a zoom appointment with office personnel. We are currently developing a virtual zoom appointment system/stations for your use to virtually connect with office personnel.
Social distancing and cleaning protocols could result in longer wait times when you visit the Student Center. Don’t wait until the campus reopens to begin finalizing your application for financial aid.
Use the self-service functions now to determine your status. If you are not enrolled, enroll now. Contact us directly via email and/or voicemail with questions or concerns so that we can assist you now before the fall term begins.
Because we understand the frustrations students have regarding how to pay for college, our goal is to help alleviate worries you may have for the fall 2020 semester by doing our best to finalize your application for financial aid.
Our hope is to see you soon and that you have a wonderful fall semester. Thank you for choosing OSU-Oklahoma City. You belong here!
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City believes that no qualified student should be denied the right to pursue the post-secondary degree of his/her choice because of the lack of financial resources. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships operates to provide students of OSU-OKC a means of financing their educational goals. We are committed to total compliance with federal and state regulation, University policies and office procedures. Realizing that financial aid is a vital part of most students’ education, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service as it relates to information, timeliness, and accuracy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BOOKSTORE CHARGES
Fall 2020 bookstore charging begins August 3, 2020.
Students may charge required textbooks at the OSU-OKC Bookstore to their Business Services account if they have financial aid that exceeds their tuition and fee charges. For more information about charging books please visit the OSU-OKC Bookstore on the second floor of the Student Center.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Students must keep track of their charges and Business Services account balance.
- Students using their financial aid must have provided Title IV authorization online prior to charging their books. If authorization is not provided, financial aid will not pay their bookstore charges and the student will be responsible for the balance.
- Bookstore charges posted after financial aid refunds have been processed on a student’s Business Services account are the responsibility of the student.
- Students whose aid does not cover all of their tuition and fee charges are responsible for their book purchases.