Updated Sept. 15, 2020
The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship is OPEN. Due to the size of our office, we will limit the number of guests to one person per application inquiry. Should you need to have another person visit with you, we encourage you to schedule a zoom appointment with office personnel. Social distancing and cleaning protocols could result in longer wait times when you visit the Student Center.
When visiting campus, you will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distance while waiting to be served. Students are encourage not to bring others into the office. When necessary, other family members will need to wait outside of the office while the student is being served. Hand sanitizer stations will be available in various locations of the Student Center for your use and we strongly encourage its use before entering an office suite. Review this short video to learn more about what you can do to protect yourself.
Students can also continue to use the following self-service functions to stay abreast of your financial aid application progress:
- Check your OKSTATE email. This is the email that we communicate with you concerning your aid application, missing documents or enrollment problems.
- Check the status of your application by logging on to the student portal. If you need help visit, https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/statuscheck
- Submit requested documentation via the secure file upload process. For instructions on how to securely upload your documents to Financial Aid, visit: https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/Secure-File-Upload. Email delivery of forms is not accepted. As a last resort, you can fax your documentation to (405) 945-3319. When uploading documents, do not use digital signatures. Ensure that your signature and/or your parent’s signature, if dependent, are original signatures.
- Email or call us directly. Contact information can be found at https://osuokc.edu/financialaid/contacts. Please know that call volumes at the start of the term are high; therefore, when calling, please leave a detailed voicemail that includes your name, ID number, and the reason for your call as we may be on another call. Our goal is to return your call within 48 hours.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City believes that no qualified student should be denied the right to pursue the post-secondary degree of his/her choice because of the lack of financial resources. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships operates to provide students of OSU-OKC a means of financing their educational goals. We are committed to total compliance with federal and state regulation, University policies and office procedures. Realizing that financial aid is a vital part of most students’ education, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service as it relates to information, timeliness, and accuracy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BOOKSTORE CHARGES
Fall 2020 bookstore charging begins August 3, 2020.
Students may charge required textbooks at the OSU-OKC Bookstore to their Business Services account if they have financial aid that exceeds their tuition and fee charges. For more information about charging books please visit the OSU-OKC Bookstore on the second floor of the Student Center.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Students must keep track of their charges and Business Services account balance.
- Students using their financial aid must have provided Title IV authorization online prior to charging their books. If authorization is not provided, financial aid will not pay their bookstore charges and the student will be responsible for the balance.
- Bookstore charges posted after financial aid refunds have been processed on a student’s Business Services account are the responsibility of the student.
- Students whose aid does not cover all of their tuition and fee charges are responsible for their book purchases.