Important Points of Consideration When Applying
The following prerequisites must be met prior to the beginning of the first semester of the Cardiovascular Sonography program; they must be college level courses:
*The communication skills prerequisite may be met by a variety of courses including English, speech, or composition. This wording refers to our English Composition I and II prerequisite requirements.
- College Algebra, Mathematical Functions and Their Uses, Statistics, or higher math course
- General college level physics
- English Comp I
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Biological and Medical Terminology
If you haven’t completed the above required (CAAHEP) prerequisite course(s) with a ‘C’ or better, you cannot be accepted into the Cardiovascular Sonography program.
Points are given to completed, collegiate coursework. No points will be awarded for coursework not attempted or satisfactorily completed (with a grade of ‘C’ or better).
- OSU-Oklahoma City Cardiovascular Sonography clinical rotation sites are predominately based in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. However, there are some out-of-town clinical sites that will require travel to other cities in Oklahoma.
- Throughout the program, all students will be required to rotate through each clinical site to include the out-of-town sites.
- The expectation of travel requirements should be taken into account when applying to the program. Please factor your availability to satisfy these requirements in your decision to apply.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Department does not guarantee employment and/or referenced salary ranges upon graduation. Graduates typically gain employment through successful and productive clinical rotation assignments. Please factor your interpersonal skills into your decision to apply for a sonography degree.