- Nationally accredited (CAAHEP) Echocardiography program ensures standardized instructional techniques and methodology.
- Employment of diagnostic medical sonographers is projected to grow 26 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all other occupations.
- A degree program is preferred by many of the employers across the state.
- Extensive “hands-on” instruction in University laboratory setting. A faculty member will spend time with YOU perfecting your technique!! We also offer:
- Nationally registered sonographers hired to work directly with students, during class times in the laboratory setting, to improve scanning technique.
- Nationally registered sonographers hired to work, one-on-one, with the student.
- Numerous, current Sonography machines and equipment available for student practice/training in the department’s Sonography laboratory.
- Training in stress cardiovascular sonography.
- Training in transesophageal echocardiography.
- Specialized training: All of our required student clinical rotations specialize in cardiovascular sonography. The entirety of student education is spent in the cardiovascular sonography specialty, therefore providing the student with specialized didactic and sonography scanning abilities!
Cardiovascular Sonography A.A.S.