The Associate of Science degree in Addictions Counseling prepares students for continuing their education in the counseling field.
- This Addictions Counseling degree program is geared toward students who are interested in the broader field of counseling and helping people.
- Graduates are able to transfer into the University of Central Oklahoma’s Bachelor of Arts in Sociology-SubstanceAbuse Studies Program as well as other bachelor-level degree programs in the counseling field.
- Opportunities for qualified applicants are expected to be excellent.
- Take your career and academic goals to the next level by continuing your education at OSU-OKC.
- It’s never too late to change your career!
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employment of substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselors is expected to grow “much faster than the average” for all occupations with a 22% increase anticipated from 2021-31) Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)). Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors are among Oklahoma’s Top 100 Critical Occupations with an average of 471 annual openings and median annual earnings of $47,507.20 with a bachelor’s degree (Top 100 Critical Occupations - Oklahoma Works - Oklahoma Works).
Suggested Plan of Study
For More Information Contact:
Interim Academic Advisor
Division of Human Services
Professor, Addictions Counseling
Human Services Education Center
3401 W. Reno Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107