Interim Safety Measures
Oklahoma State's priority is to make victims feel safe in their environment. Many times, students may need support in various aspects of their lives after a traumatic experience. Student Conduct and the Title IX Coordinator can put in place interim measures for student victims of sexual harassment and sexual violence as needed. A formal complaint does not need to be submitted to have interim measures put in place; students should simply reach out to Student Conduct or the Title IX coordinator in order to receive help. During the process of instating any interim measures, the university will maintain confidentiality to the fullest extent possible. Read below to learn more about possible interim measures you may be able to obtain.
- Assistance in Reporting: Student Conduct can assist in filing a complaint with the university conduct process and the appropriate law enforcement agencies against the student(s) who caused harm.
- No Contact Order: Student Conduct can put in place a No Contact Order between the complainant and the respondent, which would prohibit contact between both parties through any means of communication, as well as prohibit others from making contact on their behalf.
- Emergency Protective Order: Student Conduct can assist victims in filing for an Emergency Protective Order in court with Wings of Hope. This is a court-ordered petition that prohibits contact between the complainant and respondent.
- Safety Measures: Student Conduct can coordinate any reasonable arrangements that are necessary for ongoing safety. This includes transportation arrangements or providing an escort.
- Academic Arrangements: Student Conduct can assist in adjusting academic schedules as well as assist in providing access to academic support services.
- Other Interim Measures: Student Conduct can coordinate reasonable arrangements to address the effects of the sexual violence, including connecting victims with counseling, health care or academic support resources. When Student Conduct becomes aware of a student who potentially could have been a victim of sexual violence, they will contact the victim through Oklahoma State University email to share these potential interim measures, reporting options and other resources available. This will be done no matter the location of the incident.
If you need or would like to learn more about potential interim safety measures, contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org