Skip Navigation
Oklahoma City - An OSU Degree in OKC.

Registrar Frequently Asked Questions

Academic Regulations

How long does it take for my transfer work to be posted?

Once you have enrolled in OSU-OKC and submitted your transcripts, the Records office will evaluate your transcripts. Your transcripts will be applied as soon as possible. During the beginning of each semester, OSU-OKC receives hundreds of transcripts and it may take several weeks for your work to be transcripted.

I was put on Probation this semester—what does that mean?

Probation means that your graduation/retention GPA has fallen below 2.0. Students placed on probation must earn a minimum of 2.0 in the following semester to continue attending OSU-OKC. Students who meet the 2.0 minimum each semester will be allowed to continue on probation. Once a student reaches a 2.0 graduation/retention GPA, he or she will be removed from probation status. If a student fails to meet the 2.0 minimum, he or she will be suspended from the university.

What is Academic Suspension? Can I come back to OSU-OKC?

Students placed on academic suspension for the first time must sit out one 16-week semester before he or she is eligible to return to OSU-OKC. Student placed on academic suspension for the second time are suspended indefinitely and may not return to OSU-OKC until he or she has attended another institution and brought their GPA up to a 2.0 minimum.

How many classes can I repeat for Grade Replacement?

You may repeat 4 classes or 18 hours, whichever occurs first. The first 4 repeated courses will have the original grade earned taken out of the GPA calculation. The second grade, even if lower than the first grade, will be counted into the GPA.


How long do I have to drop a class?

Students may drop courses with no record and a full refund through the following schedule:

  • 16-week courses - last day of the 2nd week of class
  • 8-week courses - last day of the 1st week of class
  • 4-week/Fast-Track courses – the first day of class

To see the current semester’s drop dates, visit the Academic Calendar page.

When is the last day to get a “W” each semester?

After the Add/Drop period, students may withdrawal from courses and are assigned a grade of “W” through the following schedule:

  • 16-week courses - last day of the 12th week of class
  • 8-week courses - last day of the 6th week of class
  • 4-week courses – last day of the 3rd week of class
  • Fast-Track courses – Friday, 5:00 p.m. prior to the last day of class

I need to completely withdraw from the semester. What do I need to do?

To completely withdraw from all classes at OSU-OKC, we require a signature from the student. Please come in to the first floor of the Student Center and visit one of the Admissions windows. The Admissions staff will assist you in completing the Withdrawal forms.

I can’t access my O-Key, what do I do?

Contact the Technology Support Center located on the 1st floor of the Learning Resource Center (LRC). You can also contact them by calling 405-945-6767 or you can fill out an online help desk ticket for assistance.


How do I request an official transcript?

Students can request a transcript one of four ways:

In Person
  • Bring a photo ID to the Admissions/Registrar Services counter located on the first floor of the Student Center.
  • Hours of Operation are:
    8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
    9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Friday)
  1. Log in to SIS Self Service.
  2. Under Student Records on the black menu bar, choose Request Official Transcript and complete the form.
  3. Click the ‘submit’ button and print your confirmation.
By Mail
  1. Print and complete a copy of the Request for Official Transcript/Registrar Services or write a letter including your name, student ID#, dates of attendance, address where transcript is to be sent, and your signature.
  2. Mail your request to:


    Oklahoma State University- Oklahoma City
    Attn: Registrar Services
    900 N Portland Ave.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107
By Fax
  1. Print and complete a copy of the Request for Official Transcript/Registrar Services
  2. Fax to (405) 945-3277

How long will it take to receive my transcript?

If you make the request in person, a transcript can typically be issued at that time, as long as you have no holds on your records. For requests made by mail or fax, we often can mail transcripts the same day or next business day, depending on time of receipt. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing at the beginning and end of the semester during our peak registration periods. Additional circumstances that can delay processing include: the posting of current semester grades, anticipated changes to your record such as grade changes or incompletes, final degree/graduation processing, etc.

Why can’t I request a transcript by phone or receive my transcript by fax or email?

The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects students’ educational records. Under this law, educational records can only be released to the student. A signature or photo ID is required to release or access any education record in order to protect students’ privacy and security of records.

Can I get an unofficial copy of my transcript?

Yes, students can access and print unofficial copies of their academic work by logging on to their SIS Self-Service account and selecting Student Records, then Unofficial Transcript.

I was told I have a ‘hold’, what is that?

Holds are issued when a student has outstanding business with an office or offices at OSU-OKC. Holds can be related to admission information, academic issues, financial obligations, etc. Having a hold may prevent OSU-OKC from releasing your official transcript or allowing you to register for courses. Please be sure you have taken care of any outstanding business each semester.

Where can I get an enrollment verification for my insurance?

Students can fill out a transcript/enrollment verification request form and submit it by fax to the Records Office (405-945-3277) or can be turned in to the Admissions windows in the Student Center, first floor. Verifications can be mailed by our office directly to the insurer or released to the student. Please allow 24-48 hours for your request to be processed.

How long will it take to get my transcript/enrollment verification after I request it?

The Records Office receives many requests each day. Students should expect the request to be filled within 24-48 hours. During especially busy times, such as the beginning of the semester, requests may take longer.

When will my CLEP/AP/Advanced Standing credit be posted to my transcript?

Once you have been admitted to the university and have successfully completed 12 credit hours, your credits will be posted on your official transcript.

How do I know if a course will transfer to OSU-OKC?

Once OSU-OKC receives your official transcripts from the prior schools you have attended, a course evaluation will be done. You should meet with an advisor or faculty advisor to learn how your courses transferred and what requirements they met. If the courses are from an Oklahoma college or university, you can view the state’s transfer matrix at

Veterans’ Services

Do you accept military credit?

Yes. Students with military credit should submit their military transcripts (AARTS, SMART, CCAF, etc.) to the Veterans’ Services office for evaluation. OSU-OKC uses the ACE recommendations to evaluate military learning credits.

How do I apply for Veterans (VA) benefits?

Veterans or dependents who qualify for VA educational benefits need to meet with OSU-OKC’s Veterans’ Services Coordinator each semester for certification. New veteran or dependent students should bring a copy of their DD-214, bank information and any other documents related to your specific benefit. It can often take 4-6 weeks for VA benefits to be issued to the student, so apply in advance if you prefer to receive payment at the beginning of the semester.

What if I don’t know which VA benefit I qualify for?

The Veterans’ Services Office at OSU-OKC can provide veteran students with information on the various VA educational benefits. Often, students will qualify for 2 or more benefits and will need to choose which benefit is right for his or her situation. The Veterans’ Services Office will NOT choose your benefit for you.


How do I apply for graduation?

First, complete the Application for Graduation. Then schedule an appointment with your departmental academic advisor or faculty advisor to complete a degree audit. Finally, return your completed application and degree audit to the Records office for processing (often your department will do this step for you).

When should I apply for graduation?

You should apply for graduation during the semester in which you intend to complete your last courses at OSU-OKC. For fall graduation, you need to apply by October 31st. For spring graduation, apply by March 31st. For summer, apply by July 1st. OSU-OKC only holds one Commencement Ceremony in May each year, but graduates from fall, spring and summer semesters are invited to participate.

If I participate in the Commencement ceremony, does that mean I graduated?

No, Commencement is the university’s official recognition ceremony, but simply participating in Commencement does not guarantee that you have graduated. Graduation status can only be determined after final grades are turned into the Registrar’s Office and we verify that you have met all requirements to be issued a diploma.

When will I receive my diploma after graduation?

You should expect to receive your diploma in the mail within 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the semester.

I lost my diploma, may I order a replacement?

Yes. OSU-OKC will issue a replacement diploma for a cost of $25. The diploma can be issued immediately as long as the student has no holds or debts with the university.


What is an Enrollment Petition?

An Enrollment Petition is a type of appeal process for students who have experienced an extraordinary circumstance that affects his or her ability to attend school. Examples of circumstances that warrant petitioning include an unexpected illness or hospital stay; death of a family member; receiving military PCS or deployment orders, etc. Students must explain the situation on the petition form and provide supporting documentation of the circumstances. Requesting a refund due to failure to drop or to attend class is not a valid reason to file an enrollment petition.