Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Admissions & Enrollment
OSU-OKC is an open admissions campus. While some degree programs have selective criteria and certain circumstances will not allow a student to attend, nearly every applicant to OSU-OKC is accepted. Once you have applied to OSU-OKC you will receive specific information on any/all remaining steps you will have to complete your application and be admitted.
Admission requirements at OSU-OKC vary depending on several factors and type of admission. Concurrent High School Admissions, First-Time Admission of Freshman, Transfer Admission, and International Student Admission are examples of different admission types and each have specific requirements. You can obtain specific admission information in the OSU-OKC Catalog (page 24) or by contacting the OSU-OKC Admissions Office:
Office of Admissions
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
900 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107-6195
Phone: (405) 945-3224
Specific documents required for admission will vary by admission type as well as other factors. In general, each student will be required to provide the following:
- College Transcripts: From any and all previously attended accredited colleges.
- High School Transcript: The high school transcript requirement is waived for any student with 24 or more college credit hours, or for any student 21 or older.
- Immunization Waiver: This is a specific form that OSU-OKC collects in place of shot records. View/Download Immunization Waiver
- Test Scores: If you have taken an ACT/SAT test during the last three years, those scores would be accepted to determine course placement.
- Applicants may be required to submit additional information. For specific required documents, any current applicant must contact the Office of Admissions.
Resume a previous application:
- Continue a previously started Admissions Application
You will need your previous WebID and PIN. If you are not sure of this information, please contact the OSU-OKC Office of Admissions.
After you have submitted an application for admission:
- Student Email: Once you have submitted an application to OSU-OKC, you will receive a notice from OKey Account Services. This will contain information on setting up your school email account. The timing of these emails varies depending on the number of applications that are currently being processed.
- Checklist: Soon after the OKey notice, you will receive an email from the Office of Admissions that includes a checklist of any additional steps you need to take to complete your application. The timing of these emails varies depending on the number of applications that are currently being processed.
- Finalize: Once you provide the items request in your checklist, you will be admitted. Documents can typically be provided via email, mail or in-person. If you have all documents in-hand, we highly recommend taking time to visit our campus and meeting with the OSU-OKC Office of Admission as well as an OSU-OKC Academic Advisor as you begin the process of moving from a completed application to registration in courses.
If you are unable to come to campus, you will be notified via email when each of your checklist items is complete. At that time, you will receive an enrollment guide that highlights the next steps in the registration process.
At any time after submitting an application, you may contact the OSU-OKC Office of Admissions via email to obtain an updated look at where your application stands in processing. In the email, be sure to include your full name and date of birth; providing the WebID of the application is also recommended. OSU-OKC Office of Admissions email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have submitted an application for federal financial aid:
- Information/Process steps and links go here.
You can find deadlines and important dates posted at these online locations:
If you have finished admissions, start your enrollment at my.okstate.edu