In-State/Out-of-State status for tuition purposes is determined according to Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy. Use the resources below to help determine whether you may qualify for in-state status.
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Policy
The policy is located in Section 3.18.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Initial In-State/Out-of-State Classification
Initial status is granted at the time of admissions based off of the information and documentation provided at the time of admission. Students can petition for reclassification of this initial status by submitting the Petition for In-State Status along with supporting documentation of that status. Petition deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester: May 1 – October 31
- Spring Semester: November 1 – March 31
- Summer Semester: April 1 – June 30
Please note that in-state reclassification (and associated in-state tuition) is not granted on a retroactive basis.