Go to course dates and click “Register Here” with the corresponding date of your choice.
The Driver’s Ed course includes 10-hours of classroom instruction, go to course dates to see the classroom dates available, and 6-hours of one on one driving instruction.
The student will be assigned an instructor during class and you will call them to set up the driving times.
We do recommend that the student get their learner’s permit after the classroom instruction and before the one on one driving instruction.
$360 per student (must be paid with application).
Student must be 15 years old or older to attend the class.
Certificate of completion will be received after satisfactory completion of the state certified driver education program.
Classroom instruction is conducted at the:
Public Safety Training Center
3501 W. Reno Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Behind-the-wheel instruction is conducted one-on-one in an automatic, dual-controlled brake, driver education car. All driver training is provided by certified instructors licensed by the State of Oklahoma.
Drive times will be scheduled after the classroom portion is completed. No free makeup times for driving sessions will be provided; if needed, they will be charged at the private lesson rate.
Classroom Curriculum includes:
- Defensive driving
- Signs, signals, pavement markings and highway design
- Rules of the road, state laws and local ordinances
- Perceiving and reacting to existing traffic conditions
- Natural forces involved in driving
- Proper driving attitude
- Perceiving and reacting to motorcyclist, bicyclist and pedestrians
- Driving under adverse conditions
- Handling emergencies
- The role of alcohol and other drugs
- Related defensive driving techniques
Basic Driving Maneuvers include:
- Controlled steering
- Proper turning
- Backing maneuvers
- Angle / straight parking
- Parallel parking
- Expressway driving
- Uphill / downhill parking
- Proper lane changing
- Driving on one-way streets, two-lane streets and multiple lane streets
- Highway driving
- Downtown driving
- Brake-start and stop
- Instruments and control
- Skid avoidance and control
- Various traffic situations
Students will begin their hands-on driver training on the PDTC driving facility, a secure, enclosed environment, prior to entering city streets.
- OSU-OKC Driver’s Ed students: $40
- Public: $50
- Driving test dates: Call for available dates, payment due upon enrollment
*(OSU Vehicle mandatory)
- Valet service pick up at school or home within 15 miles of OSU-OKC: $75 for 3 1½ hour drives. First drive must originate from OSU-OKC.
- Additional driving time: $45 per hour
- Driving session with 2 hour minimum if you have not taken our Driver’s Education Course: (One-on-one driving without Driver’s Ed is not available at this time)
- Replacement certificate: $10
- Driving session missed if not cancelled within 24-hours: $25 per one-hour session
For more information, call (405) 945-3208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.