Applying to the Veterinary Technology Program
In order to be eligible to apply to the Veterinary Technology program, applicants must:
- Apply and be admitted to OSU-Oklahoma City
- Complete the four prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better
- CHEM 1154 General, Organic, Biochemistry
- Any College-level Math
- MCRO 2124 Introduction to Microbiology
- VT 1012 Veterinary Medical Terminology
- Complete a minimum of eight hours of career shadowing at a veterinary medical facility and submit a type-written overview of their experience (DUE TO LIMITED ACCESS TO VETERINARY MEDICAL FACILITIES AS A RESULT OF COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS, APPLICANTS FOR THE FALL 2021 CLASS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE CAREER SHADOWING COMPONENT OF THE APPLICATION.)
- Submit a letter of reference from a licensed Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Registered Veterinary Technician, or another professional reference
- Apply to the Veterinary Technology program
A completed application must be submitted to the Veterinary Technology Department for full consideration. Applications are due the day after grades are posted to transcripts for the spring semester on the OSU-Oklahoma City campus. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the application deadline.
Applications are reviewed by program faculty and staff. Applicants who have submitted an incomplete application and/or are not eligible for admission to the program will be notified via their okstate.edu email. Applicants eligible for admission to the program will be notified via their okstate.edu email, and an interview will be scheduled. The applicants will complete a short written assignment at the time of their interview. All interviewed applicants will receive a notification via their okstate.edu email regarding their selection status.
Applications are scored using a rubric. Applicants must score a minimum of 22 points to be eligible to enter the program. Application Rubric