Skip Navigation
Oklahoma City - An OSU Degree in OKC.

Steps to Using VA Education Benefits at OSU-OKC

  1. Apply for Veterans Education Benefits

    Apply online at  If using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill®, or Dependents Education Assistance, a Certificate of Eligibility letter will be mailed to the address provided on your application. Students using Chapter 31, Veterans Readiness & Employment receive approval for benefits from their VR&E Counselor. 
  2. Apply for Admission to OSU-OKC.  
    Apply online at
  3. Meet with an Advisor to select courses for enrollment.
  4. Enroll in Courses at OSU-OKC.

    Please note the following enrollment requirements: 

    VA Education & VR&E Benefits will only pay for courses that are required for a degree or certificate program. Courses that have been successfully completed with the grade required for the major cannot be certified.  The VA will pay for remedial courses if taken on campus and the need for the course is documented. Remedial courses taken online cannot be certified.

    Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill®, Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill® (Selected Reserve), and Chapter 35 - Dependents Education Assistance Education monthly benefit payments are based on student enrollment status (e.g. full-time, half-time, etc.). To receive the maximum benefit, a student must be enrolled as a full-time student. Less than full-time enrollment benefit rates are reduced proportionately.  See the GI Bill® Education Benefit Payment Rates website for current rates -

    Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill® Monthly Housing Allowance payments are based on enrollment status and enrollment in an on campus or hybrid course.  To be eligible to receive the full Monthly Housing Allowance, you must have an enrollment status for the term of more than half-time and be enrolled in at least one on campus or hybrid course.  If you are eligible to receive the Monthly Housing Allowance and your enrollment status is more than half-time but less than full-time, you will receive a pro-rated Monthly Housing Allowance payment. If you are eligible for a Monthly Housing Allowance and are enrolled in online courses only, your housing allowance will be based on the rate of 50% of the national average of all Basic Allowances for Housing.
  5. After Enrolling, Submit the following to Veteran & Military Student Services:

    Return the completed and signed form(s) by email to or in person at the Registrar window in Student Services.

  6. Request a Copy of your Joint Services Transcript, if applicable, from the JST Website to be evaluated by OSU-OKC for prior credit. 
  7. Report Changes in Enrollment (adds/drops/withdrawal from OSU-OKC) to Veterans & Military Student Services by email or by submitting a new Request for Certification form to
  8. Report a Change of Major, Changes in Contact Information (i.e. mailing address, email address, phone number) or a Change in your VA Education Benefits to Veteran & Military Student Services by email to
  9. To Continue Receiving Benefits, Submit a Request for Certification form each term you want to use VA Education Benefits.


Veteran & Military Student Services
Office of Registrar & Records 
OSU-OKC Student Center,
900 N Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Office Hours:  Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Phone: (405) 945-8692 / Email:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at