Service Learning Student Resources
Process for Service Learning
Your planned service should help further your learning in your course:
- Visit with instructor about service learning.
- Identify/capture how the service will help meet the course objectives/outcomes.
By May 1 (Spring) / December 1 (Fall), submit:
- Completed Service Learning Application, Release of Liability, and Media Release on OrgSync
- E-mail to instructor with a copy of your completed application. You can download a copy of your application from OrgSync.
- Completed Service Learning Hourly Report*
- Agency Evaluation of Student**
- Reflection paper or other faculty-approved end-of-project assignment.
Please Note: With the completion of 100 hours of community service, you are also eligible for the SHINE award. If you will likely meet/exceed 100 hours of service this semester, please complete all requirements by April 1 to meet the deadlines associated with the SHINE award process.
* If you are selected to be a part of the pilot program using an app, you will not have to submit this form.
** We will reach out to agencies directly. This is being included so you know how the agencies will be evaluating your service.