Ask a Librarian
Guidelines for the Use of "Ask A Librarian"
The OSU-Oklahoma City Library offers limited reference services to our distance education students via email.
Requests will be checked throughout the day, Monday through Friday. Evenings, weekends, and holidays may affect the length of time before a response is sent.
HOW TO USE THE "ASK A LIBRARIAN" SERVICE
We can respond to most requests, but students take top priority. It would be helpful to include the following information in your email.
- the name you are enrolled under
- either your student ID number OR the name and course number of your class
- the type of information needed
TYPES OF QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What databases can I access from off-campus?
- How do I access these resources - including passwords?
- Where can I find material on my topic? (If you are having trouble locating information on your topic, you must provide sufficient information about your topic, where you have looked, the search terms you have used, etc. so that we know where to direct you for additional information.)
We are unable to:
- gather citation lists
- send all the information we have on a specific topic
- do the actual research
- respond to requests for posting external links on our site