The threat of the coronavirus known as COVID-19 is presenting daunting challenges for all of us. At OSU-OKC, we are committed to making decisions that promote the success and well-being of our campus community. Please read this page for updates from OSU-OKC on COVID-19.
All campus buildings are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The only exception to the campus closure is for students to use the computer lab in BT 200 (second floor of the Business Technologies Building) from 3 to 7 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. This lab is available for students only and can accommodate a maximum of 10 students at any time. WiFi is available to students and the public in the main OSU-OKC parking lot, near the Administration and Science buildings.
Please see the following updates regarding OSU-OKC’s participation in providing financial assistance to students through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
-OSU-OKC will provide no less than 50 percent of funds received through Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
-OSU-OKC has or will receive $1,150,415.00 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students.
-As of May 21, 2020, OSU-OKC has distributed $1,061,625 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students.
-OSU-OKC estimates 2,337 students are eligible for Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
-As of May 21, 2020, 2,106 students have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
-Full-time students who are eligible for funding will receive $750; part-time students who are eligible will receive $375.
-Eligible students began receiving funding the week of May 11, 2020. No action is required on the part of students. For questions, email email@example.com.
All classes at OSU-OKC will be conducted online for the duration of the spring semester and for the summer 2020 term.
Changes to Grading Policy
OSU-OKC has made the following changes to the grading and withdrawal policy for the spring 2020 semester to provide students with more options toward the successful completion of courses (more information will follow):
- Students will be permitted (but not required) to convert any courses to pass/no-pass grading. Students will have seven days after the date on which final grades are posted to elect pass/no-pass grading. More information will be shared once this process is finalized
- OSU-OKC has postponed graduation and all program pinnings for the spring 2020 semester. For more information, go to www.osuokc.edu/graduation
Online Student Services
- For enrollment or applications, go to www.osuokc.edu/apply
- For academic advisement, go to www.osuokc.edu/advisement/staff to make a virtual appointment
- For the Financial Aid Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Registrar’s Office and records, go to www.osuokc.edu/registrar or email email@example.com
- For Business Services, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help with resources, go to https://osuokc.edu/library
- For student disability accommodations, go to www.osuokc.edu/disability
- For student health and mental wellness resources, go to www.osuokc.edu/counseling-and-support
- For a complete list of campus offices, go to www.osuokc.edu
- All community events and advisory board meetings are canceled until further notice.
CLASSES AND EVENTS:
- In keeping with recommendations from local and federal health and education officials, OSU-OKC will move to online classes for the duration of the spring semester, as well as for the summer term. As we move forward in this learning environment, please consider the following steps to help ensure the educational process continues as smoothly as possible:
- Nursing, Paramedicine, Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Sonography and Veterinary Technology students should contact their department head for further direction on clinical experiences and campus labs.
- Check your official OKState email for messages from your professor and email your professor directly with questions.
- The OSU-OKC Help Desk is available for technical assistance and computer access issues at email@example.com.
- Students can access tutoring online through the Tutor.com link in their online classroom, or through remote tutoring by OSU-OKC tutors accessible at the “OSU-OKC tutors” link on your Canvas dashboard.
- All university-related international travel is suspended until further notice. Faculty, staff and students may not travel internationally for university-related business or academic purposes, including, but not limited to, study abroad, research or grant activity, internships, academic work for credit, service, conferences or presentations, and teaching or training.
- All university-related out-of-state domestic travel is suspended until further notice, unless such travel is deemed essential to the university. Essential travel is travel that is necessary to the ongoing operations of the university’s core academic or operational functions. Individuals who believe domestic travel is essential must first contact their division head or a member of the university’s executive team.
- University leaders strongly encourage faculty, staff and students to exercise caution with regard to personal air travel. Careful consideration should be given to postponing personal travel when possible.
- We encourage all visitors to campus to be courteous to others by covering their coughs or sneezes by coughing/sneezing into their elbow or shirt sleeve.
- Be mindful of your contact with shared surfaces or rooms/areas and practice regular hand-washing with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
- If you feel you are sick or are displaying symptoms of a virus, please do not come to campus. If you have been in close contact with a person who displays symptoms of a virus, please do not come to campus. In either instance, consult your health care provider and take proper precautions for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- For general information on COVID-19, visit the CDC COVID-19 web page.
- For information on COVID-19 in Oklahoma, visit the state Health Department’s COVID-19 web page.
- For information regarding COVID-19 and travel, visit the CDC’s travel web page.
- For health and mental wellness resources for university faculty and and staff, go to https://hr.okstate.edu/benefits/hrEAP.
Need to file a student conduct/incident report?