It is the policy of OSU-Oklahoma City to provide equal access to instructional content, university-sponsored events, and promotional media used by or through OSU-Oklahoma City. OSU-Oklahoma City will provide accommodations to ensure effective communication, and one way of accommodating individuals who are deaf/hard-of-hearing is to provide captioned or accessible versions of media. The definition of media for this purpose includes videos, DVDs, audio clips/podcasts and all subsequent technologies that involve voiced audio.
How to Get Media Captioned
- YuJa, Canvas Studio, and YouTube have their own auto-captioning and captioning editor capability. This allows the account holder or channel owner to edit the auto-captions for accuracy.
- If you are an OSU-Oklahoma City faculty/staff member, you can also request for your media to be captioned by submitting an Online Captioning Request or by emailing The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to allow one week for captioning requests to be finished.
- If you are an OSU-Oklahoma City student and need to request captioning and accessible media, please contact Jeanette Buttram, Interpreter Coordinator if you have not already done so at (405) 945-3388 or email@example.com.
Need help with captioning in Canvas Studio, YouTube, or YuJa?
Captioning Policies and Procedures
- Requesting Captioning for Media – Students
- Requesting Captioning for Media - Faculty and Administration
- Requesting Captioning for Media - Staff
- Requesting Captioning for Media - Director of Disability Services and Diversity
- Fulfilling Captioning Requests for Media - Digital Media Technician
- Captioning and Accessible Media Policy for Student Accommodation Requests and Instructional Materials Policy