Computer-Aided Real-Time Transcription (CART) as an Accommodation
Tips for working with a CART provider:
- CART providers deliver communication access within the classroom by using a stenograph machine connected to a laptop. Every spoken word is then streamed in real-time onto the laptop screen for the student to read. A CART provider will either be present in class occupying at least one seat or it will be provided remotely.
- CART providers do not function as tutors or note takers in class.
- When addressing a student who is deaf/hard-of-hearing, speak directly to the student, not the CART provider. The CART provider is not part of the conversation and is not permitted to voice personal opinions or enter the conversation. The CART provider is required to type everything that is said; they do not screen information or leave things out at the speaker’s request.
- CART providers will wait a minimum of 15 minutes for a class less than 1.5 hours long and 30 minutes for class longer than 1.5 hours before leaving the assignment if the student has not shown or made prior contact that they will be arriving late.
- Please give the CART provider a class schedule/outline, along with any handouts or specialized vocabulary related to the course.
- If the class is more than 1.5 hours, please plan 5-10 minute breaks for the CART provider.
- If you or the student need services from the CART provider outside of class time for educational reasons (such as office hour visits), the student or instructor should complete a Request for Interpreter form at https://osuokc.edu/DeafStudentServices/requestinterpreter at least five (5) business days in advance of when the CART provider will be needed. In the "Additional Comments or Instructions" section, please specify that you are requesting a CART provider. Every effort will be made to fulfill an accommodation request made with less than five (5) business days' advance notice, however we cannot guarantee the accommodation will be available.