Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the program last?
The Job Readiness Job Search program at REACH4Work lasts four weeks. Attendance is extremely important the first three days of the program in order to achieve successful outcomes. If employment was not gained during the process, one to two weeks of internship training assignments are offered upon successfully completing four weeks of the Job Search program.
What are the hours?
REACH4Work is a 35-hour per week program. Class meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
How do I get started?
Orientation begins every Monday at 8:30 a.m. If Monday is a holiday, orientation will begin at 8:30 a.m. on the next business day.
What are the requirements for acceptance?
Students must have the proper referral paperwork from the Oklahoma Department of Human Services: TW2, TW3, and assessment scores. Reliable transportation and daycare arrangements must be secured.
What does the Job Readiness Training Offer?
- Effective resume creation
- Cover and follow-up letter preparation
- Interviewing skills through InteviewStream
- Participate in active job search activities
- Learn how to conduct internet job searches
- Set up professional voicemail and email accounts
- Apply for employment online and set up career website accounts
- Utilize computers, phone and fax to make networking contacts
- Enhance customer service skills and professional etiquette
- Learn successful work habits
- Focus on goal and time management
- Improve networking skills
- Career exploration
- Expand KeyTrain career skills