The OSU-OKC Paramedicine program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
OSU-OKC Paramedicine Program Mission Statement
To educate students in the profession of Paramedicine, thereby enabling them to provide the highest level of prehospital care, professionalism, and leadership.
Our core values include but are not limited to:
- Integrity – Consistently honest and trustworthy
- Compassion – Understanding and caring about the suffering of others
- Accountability – Maintaining responsibility for your actions and mistakes
- Respect – Being polite and behaving in a manner that brings credit to the profession
- Empathy - Calm, compassionate, and helpful demeanor toward those in need
- To prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.”
- Maintain 1st time pass rates on the NREMT ALS cognitive and psychomotor exams above 90%
- Maintain job placement for paramedic students above 90%
- Maintain a retention rate of greater than 70% for paramedic students
Assessed Program Outcomes
- Interpret basic arrhythmias and basic 12-lead ECG.
- Understand the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of prehospital emergency medications.
- Discuss essential concepts of crew resource management.
- Successfully manage the airway of an emergency patient
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a paramedic Team Leader in an emergency setting.
For more information contact:
Schedule a virtual advising appointment
Justin Hunter, MPA, NRP, FP-C
Paramedicine Program Director
(405) 945-8622 Fax