Personal Health Guidelines
The following outlines expectations of all OSU students and employees while on campus. This is not only to protect your health, but the health of our entire community. Your continued support of these guidelines is appreciated.
- All employees and students are asked to take special precautions to avoid exposure for at least two weeks prior to the start of the spring semester.
- Sick employees and students must stay home.
- Self screening should be performed each morning before arriving on campus. Temperature must be less than 100.4 F/38 C. See self-screening checklist.
- Remove unnecessary items in your personal work or living space to create clean counter spaces and support cleaning efforts on common surfaces. If additional cleaning is needed in an office space, please notify your supervisor.
- Limit elevator occupancy when possible.
- Use stairs as the primary method of travel between floors when possible.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If possible, keep a supply of hand sanitizer handy.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw it away. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Disinfect all high-touch areas in your home and workplace.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.