Criteria for Participation
- Student must be a parent or legal guardian of a child or children aged infant to 11
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours at OSU-OKC
- Student must be enrolled in an OSU-OKC degree or certificate program
- Student must be Pell-eligible and must have submitted a current school year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Childcare services must be provided by a DHS-licensed childcare provider with licensure maintained throughout the funding period
- Student must meet with the Student Parent Support Program Grant Assistant at least twice per semester
- Student must attend at least one student parent workshop each semester that funding is awarded
- Student must submit monthly attendance sheets documenting class attendance
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis on a first-come, first-served basis and to applicants with the greatest financial need.
- Spring semester funding awards will cover the months of February, March, April and May. Fall semester funding awards will cover the months of September, October, November and December.
- If approved for assistance through the Child Care Assistance Program, the student will be given documentation to submit to their chosen licensed childcare provider that contains the award amount and instructions for billing.
- The childcare provider chosen by the student must be willing to invoice OSU-OKC for the portion of the childcare costs that will be covered through the Child Care Assistance Program. The childcare provider will submit an invoice to OSU-OKC and OSU-OKC will send payment directly to the childcare provider.
For more information, contact:
Student Parent Support Grant Assistant
Funding provided by the U.S. Department of Education.