Child Care Access Means Parents in School
OSU-OKC’s Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) is a grant-administered program that aims to help assist with childcare costs and develop a support program for the school’s student parents. The goal of CCAMPIS is to eliminate potential attendance barriers for parents with small children with limited access to childcare while furthering their education. The grant allocates funding to assist eligible student parents with a portion of their out-of-pocket childcare costs.
In addition to offsetting childcare costs for students, funds will be used to establish the Student Parent Support Program. As part of the program, a part-time student-parent support navigator will provide support and guidance on degree completion and workforce integration to student parents.
Assistance will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis on a sliding scale, contingent on the number of hours enrolled and other criteria. Qualified students may receive assistance with up to 60 percent of costs that are not covered by other childcare assistance programs.
Criteria for Participation:
- Student must be a parent or legal guardian of a child or children aged infant to 11
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours at OSU-OKC
- Student must be enrolled in an OSU-OKC degree or certificate program
- Student must be Pell-eligible and must have submitted a current school year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Childcare services must be provided by a DHS-licensed childcare provider with licensure maintained throughout the funding period
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Student must meet with the Student Parent Support Program Grant Assistant at least twice per semester
- Student must attend at least one student parent workshop each semester that funding is awarded
- Student must submit monthly attendance sheets documenting class attendance
Funds are limited and will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis on a first-come, first-served basis and to applicants with the greatest financial need.
The Child Care Assistance Program application for the spring semester will open December 1 and the application for the fall semester will open July 1.
Funding will not exceed $300 per month per family. Spring semester funding awards will cover the months of February, March and April. Fall semester funding awards will cover the months of September, October and November.
If approved for assistance through the Child Care Assistance Program, the student will be given documentation to submit to their chosen licensed childcare provider that contains the award amount and instructions for billing.
The childcare provider chosen by the student must be willing to invoice OSU-OKC for the portion of the childcare costs that will be covered through the Child Care Assistance Program. The childcare provider will submit an invoice to OSU-OKC and OSU-OKC will send payment directly to the childcare provider.
For more information, contact:
Student Center (SC) 180
Funding provided by the U.S. Department of Education.